BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 10, 2008

A Busy Semester

This has been a very busy semester for me, hence the abundant lack of posts. I do, however, feel that much of that time was well spent. I have learned quite a bit (most of it self-taught too.)

I have setup an interim website for Bryan, over at weeping-prophetic.com. I taught myself much of the xhtml and css necessary to do it, but I did receive help from the Omega Brethren, for which I am grateful.

I taught myself how to configure and secure a webserver. I have one up and running now, though it is currently blocked off because I need to tweak the firewall some more.

I have, with help from Joel, learned basic C# programming. This is supposed to be a class, but we meet once a week, and it's mostly a do it yourself course. I found that C# for dummies was a better book than the text book too.

I have a new appreciation for the dummies books. They were very useful in learning introductory skills. There is also a company called O'Reilly's that publishes awesome books for anything computer related.

I am nearing the end of the semester. My paper is done (though I think it sucks), and finals are in a few weeks. I have quite a bit of reading to catch up on, so there won't be any deep posts for a while yet.

I have thought of a few topics. In the coming weeks, look for posts on Sabbath in 21st Century America, A comparison between God and superman, and other random things.

1 comments:

Amber said...

I'm glad your paper is done.