BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, October 23, 2009

I'm too old to argue with fanatics, but I still do.

Being a computer nerd, and being friends with a bunch of computer nerds, I spent a portion of the morning discussing the launch of Windows 7 with some friends. During the course of the discussion I learned a sad thing. Some of my friends are Microsoft fanatics.

I compared many of the "new" features in Windows 7's version of WDM and Aero to their older counterparts in Mac's OS X and Linux's Xglx, and Compiz-fusion. Anyone who has been using KDE 4 since January of '08 isn't seeing anything new in Windows 7. In fact, they are so conspicuously similar that many Linuxphiles have had great amusement demoing KDE 4 and telling people that it was Windows 7.

Here's some pics:

KDE 4











Windows 7:




Here's some videos:

Windows 7




KDE 4







Mac OS X Panther ('03)




0 comments: